Friday, December 12, 2008
Kaylee went to the hospital this last Saturday, she was running high fevers for a couple days but we thought it was probably viral and would run its course. Well needless to say it wasnt a virus, the fevers just kept getting higher and she got crankier. Her fever was 104.2 when we left the house to head for the hospital, which was really high comparing it to the 102.3 it was an hour before then. She was admitted and we then stayed a nice week, as usual. Everything came back negative or no growth (meaning no growth for bacteria/viruses ect.) so it was like a medical mystery, we just knew she had really high fevers and her WBC(white blood count) was really high, it was in the 42,000 at its highest peak and it should be at like 10,000...and for those of you that might not know, your white blood cells fight off infections and sickness's. So we had no idea why her blood was doing this and where the fevers where coming from. Well about 3 days there some growth for strep/pneumonia came back in her blood but it was such a small amount they wanted to do another blood culture to see if it would show up again since she had been getting antibiotic shots. Nothing came back and her white count was slowly going down soooo it was ruled out that it was a starting of an pnuemonia but we just got there before the pnuemonia could grow! So I am happy to say that Kaylee bug is happy as can be now, and getting SO big, she is a whopping ALMOST 11lbs =] I love my little angel and each and everyday is a blessing with her. She is so much like a baby now, and I am sure that sounds funny to many but to me its a lot. Shes learning a lot and playing,laughing, trying to sit, rolling and she babbles at me!...shes awake like 75% of the day, she just swells my heart with a big happy smile.
Krista is more than happy to be home! No more hospital food, no more ramen noodles or cheese dogs either! I know me and her wont be eating them for awhile lol well me at least. Here we are at home, shes back in her princess dresses watching her barbie movies. It feels great to be home, oh and Krista knows how to say "JA-Nnotte" lol its too cute. She says her last name.
thats the updates for now, I go see the nuerologist on the 22nd and I am looking forward to that I have a few questions. I cant believe its been like 7months since I had a....brain tumor! I still just cant believe I has a tumor period.
I hope everyone is doing good & if you read this I hope you enjoyed my update!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Sunday, November 9, 2008
1. Where is your cell phone? Hmm, my husband went hunting this morning so probably in his pants from earlier.
2. Where is your significant other? He is walking around the house talking on the phone
3. Your hair color? I dye it light blonde, but its naturally a sandy/ash blonde
4. Your Mother? A very dear friend to me.
5. Your Father? I have a great step-father.
6. Your favorite thing? Showers, I get my quiet time. When I get to take shower alone anyhow =) (Krista always has to get in with me)
7. Your dream last night? I dont recall any dreams =/
8. Your dream goal? To be done with nursing school & start med school becoming a doctor!
9. The room you're in? In the Living Room
10. Your hobby? Being a mom, a wife, I love taking pics of my family!
11. Your fear? Something happening to me (I had brain surgery 6months ago) & I am always scared that something will happen to me & it scares me! I also have big fears for my kids of course, I pray they stay healthy their entire lives!
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? I hope Im on my way to being a doctor! Working in the East Tennessee Childrens hospital!
13. Where were you last night? Here at home, talking with my sister and my friend =)
14. What you are not? A liar.
15. One of your wish list items? Oh there are so many, but I would love for Kaylee to not have such a tough life!
16. Where you grew up? I grew up in FL & I miss all my family & friends!
17. The last thing you did? I gave little miss Kaylee a bath, lotioned her up got her an outfit on, combed her hair and put a bow in it =)
18. What are you wearing? I have a grey t-shirt on, jeans, and black socks and a black belt ...
19. Your TV? It is just the average TV & that works fine for us!
20. Your Pet? I dont have any, but I want a chocolate lab eventually!
21. Your computer? I have an HP & I love it!
22. Your Mood? Im in a good mood, hungry though, time for lunch!
23. Missing someone? Too many to name!
24. Your car? Well my family is a little country family, so we love our trucks, even though I cant wait to get a car now that I have two little girls.... but I have a Ford Ranger, and my husband has a Chevy 2500HD
25. Something you're not wearing? Nail polish
26. Favorite Store? Even though I dont get to get there to often I do love target, they have the cutest clothes for kids! Then there is wal-mart since that is closest to my home, ha.
27. Your summer? Wow, it was busy and hectic, but we made it through!
28. Love someone? I love many, not just one.
29. Your favorite color? Lavender yellow & purple.
30. When was the last time you laughed? When Nate was aggrivating me earlier today ..... he thinks hes funny ;]
31. When was the last time you cried? When Kaylee was in the hospital. It is hard to watch your baby go through so much!
Well here is some questions answered about me, I hope you all enjoy reading them & I look forward to seeing everyone elses answers!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
To update the family now, life is rough. The economy is unpleasant and I can only pray that this new president really changes the economy for the better. We are happy as a family it just seems as though so many problems keep arising.
Halloween was super fun. Krista was Arora also known as Sleeping Beauty and it was so fun to watch her trick or treat this year. She caught on fast and was so excited to go to each door and then she got wore out and wanted to stop between each house to eat some candy =] it was fun. Kaylee was in the PICU for Halloween but after taking Krista trick-or-treating me and Nate went back up there and put Kaylee in her little skeleton onzie, it was too cute.
I cant even express how happy I am to be home, Kaylee is laughing and smiling & is starting to realize we are home also. We didnt get to hold her much in the hospital she was cranky when we tried or she had so many things hooked up to her it was just hard trying to get her comfortable without pulling on this IV or that tube or her oxygen...I love being home. I love how she makes strawberries and she loves her sister it seems more and more each day. Krista can make Kaylee laugh no matter what she does, its a beautiful thing to watch.
OH and they shaved more of her head, she officialy has a mullet!
All the pics are in reverse on how the story went, so hope it doesnt confuse you!
Baby's First Halloween
My Little Skeleton =]
Krista was my Princess
My Love & Krista
Kaylee's super mullet, this was after surgery in the PICU
Before surgery, Krista loving on Kaylee
Kaylee smiling with Krista
IV in the forehead =(
My Favorite, her hands
I only wished I had those lashes
No more pics mom, Please!
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Kaylee has been sick latley, coughing, gagging, extremely milky snot, she got 3 antibiotic shots this past week, wed-thurs-fri, she seems to be much better. She was extremely irratable and angry. Didnt want to be held or try and eat, hated therapy and wasnt sleeping well. She is now my little angel who is laughing and smiling and making strawberries at me =)& of course sleeping SO much better! I am so blessed. I love the strawberries she makes(the noise with her mouth as if making a fart noise) I feel like shes playing with me, I do it back to her and so does big sister and of course she does it back. Krista loves it, she thinks its a game.
Kaylee gets the synagis shot this Monday, it will be her first of many I assume since they are seasonal shots. I think thats all for now.
Saturday, September 20, 2008