Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Time for an Update =)

My oh my, where do I start? Kaylee is.... amazing. Its impossible to describe just how much I love her. We got home from the hospital March 4th 09, two days before her 1 year Bday =) So we were happy that she got to at least spend her Bday at home! It was a nice change since Kaylee has spent every holiday except 2 and now her bday in the hospital. Easter was one of those holidays it was very fun and I got lots of cute pics =)

Kaylee now has a tracheostomy, it is amazing! I thought it was going to be a devastating process to go through, but its been more than a miracle. I thought Kaylee was active before, but this new Kaylee that can breathe without an ounce of a problem, blows the roof off. =) I actually like the trach.... I am always sure she has a secure airway. Since before if her little nasal passage way was closing we had no idea until Kaylee was showing signs and symptoms of struggling to breathe. Which was much more scarier to me than changing a trach twice a week! Kaylee now has a J-tube for now and probably will for awhile, we still get to feed her by mouth she only tolerates at most....for right now around 4cc's. Which happens to be quiet the accomplishment for our little munckin =) We are so proud of her progress since she has been home. She is wanting to roll over and its hard since she is on a vent...but its absolutely adorable all the effort she puts into it =) We have 24/7 nursing which was a crazy thought giving up all your privacy at first but its been more of a blessing than anything, letting me get a good nights rest when I need it! It was hard at first finding nurses that I trust with my baby and we are still ...struggling with that. We have 4 nurses 2 night shift and 2 days shift in all and they rotate days and its the night shift nurses were having trouble finding.... well finding ones we like.

Krista turns 3 on the 27th....where does time go? Can anyone tell me that? She is too big for her little britches ha. She has a vocabulary I never thought was possible and she puts sentences together......daily...its rather amazing to me still and I think it always will be. It makes me sad to see her get to smart and independent.

Kaylee is getting a toothers!! I am SOO excited, its the cutest little thing in the world and I love it hah. I am so serious when I say this, and I know all moms say it but...... Kaylee IS THE cutest baby ever, and will be the cutest baby ever with a tooth haha. I love her so much, she laughs SO much these days and is just so happy. The teething phase for her hasnt been bad yet she has got a little rash around her mouth from drool and shes been sleeping much more than usual but thats it. She has had a couple days where you were NOT aloud to touch or even talk to her or she would have an absolute fit, but since those couple days which were last week sometime...shes been generally happy ...just sleeping more than usual =)


I love love love my life. This is the longest we have been home with Kaylee...she is staying so much more healthier with this trach in place... She did go to the hospital...she caught a little cold/caugh and it was too tough on her to handle it on her own and went in on the the 13th until the 16th of this month, but there was nothing wrong but a high white blood count so...it was ruled out as viral or a cold/caugh....and she is better now =) happy as can be!


This is my update I am sure I have forgotten something but this is the general out look. We are extremely busy Kaylee's little schedule is hectic these days!

Thank everyone for following Kaylee's story and for all the support we have gotten in these past months!

No comments: